Saturday, April 12, 2008

Slow, Windy Fat-Burn

With a 7 mile run yesterday and a 10 miler set for tomorrow I could have taken today off to give my body some recovery. However, I did not want to let my family down on what is now becoming our weekly multi-state fitness outing. My wife and I set out at 11am and logged ourselves 3.4 miles each in 55:00. The overall pace for the walk was 16:05. This definitely was one of my slower outings in some time, but that is okay because it is what I intended on at the start. With the longer runs on each side of today I wanted something slower and lower impact on my body. The slower pace I figured would be better suited on burning the harder to burn belly fat.

One real big challenge today was the wind. The winds were blowing at a 20-30 mph clip, gusting to 40.

As of this writing, my family's multi-state fitness has had 12 participants in 6 states accumulating more than 28.5 miles in just over 6 hours. I am sure there are a few more that have yet to report in. In all, more than 20 family members have banded together to be a part of our weekly multi-state fitness outing. It is great to have this family support.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

At least the wind will have us really prepared for the OKC races. It could always be worse - we could be trying to do this in Colorado or Alaska, with super thin air. A friend of mine told me they have a marathon in Antarctica....how in the world do you train for that!?!

We really are blessed with the best most supportive famly ever. Thank God for that! :)

Andria said...

AAARRRRHHHHHGGGGG!!! Stinking wind. It really just makes the run unpleasant. Sunday we had a ton of wind as well and C wanted to take the route with no trees or houses so our mile along the back stretch was so slow. At some points I felt like I wasn't even moving. No bueno.