Thursday, January 31, 2008

Super Sunday Is Nearing...

...So it is not quite the Sunday of the half marathon, or the Sunday of a full marathon, or even the Sunday to complete the Goofy Challenge. However, it is Super Bowl Sunday coming up in just days. As I reside here in Arizona for a few more days working I have managed to get in some workouts over the past few days. With a couple of walks last week totaling 2.2 miles each and an increased amount this week (two walks totaling another six miles) I am on my way to the Goofy Goal. It has been a challenge to get the workouts in while here in Phoenix because of the changing work schedule, but nonetheless I have managed to get them in. Some days I have had to get up extra early, something I am not accustomed to just yet. My "long run" day is slated for Super Sunday, however, I am moving that up to Saturday because of the work schedule. Super Sunday I will be working at 4am straight on through to perhaps Midnight or later (all times are Mountain Time). I am planning on another 3 miles Saturday to bring my weekly total up to 9 miles.

I have two sisters doing a walk in Massachusetts this Saturday and wish them well. They too are shooting for a piece of the Disney Marathon Weekend, just not as Goofy as my third sister and me.

Thanks for taking the time to check in and read. I am sure to have more next weekend. Andria is coming to visit and we are going shopping for running shoes and apparel. I am very much looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Andria said...

Yay for getting the workouts in any way you can. If it's good enough for Joan Benoit Samuelson, it's good enough for me :)

Can't wait to go to the shoe store (and the sports bras for me and Storminator.)

Ken said...

Glad to see you are so motivated. I kicked off my spring running this morning with a 3 mile jog. I had a bad mishap witha pothole on September 26, 2007 and tore the anterior talofibular ligament in my left ankle. After months of a walking cast and several hundred dollars of physical therapy I have returned to the road.

I am back for now - not fast - just back -I jogged 3 miles at a 10:00 minute pace.

Perhaps I'll meet up with you and Andi at a race prior to Disney if all goes well.