Saturday, January 26, 2008

Title Says It All

It is all there in the blog title. After one of my sisters completed the 2008 Disney Marathon I was inspired to want to do it myself. To go a step further, talking with her, we are now shooting for the Goofy Challenge in 2009. The Goofy Challenge for those that do not know is a half marathon on a Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday. I know, it does sound insane to some and you must be a bit goofy to want to do it.

Now my race path to get me there first will take me to Oklahoma City on April 27, 2008 for their half marathon. Returning the support favor, my sister will be joining me. I will follow it up over Labor Day weekend in Disneyland for another half marathon. My sister will join me again, as she goes for her bi-coastal medal - a medal given to finishers of the road races at both Disney World and Disneyland. Wanting to have completed a marathon before the Goofy, I will be Goofier and target the Tulsa World Route 66 Marathon in mid-November.

I know this may all sound quite ambitious and I recognize that it is. However, it will keep me moving forward. I hope to hear feedback from you all--your advice, tips and additional comments are welcome.

2 comments:

Andria said...

Woohhoooo!!!! I can't wait to be running in OKC in three months!!! I may need to get a smaller camera and then I can take pictures at the mile markers like the old pros did at Disney.

Can't wait to read the progress! I'll give you a shout out in my next blog post!

What Me Run? said...

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait to hear about OKC in three months. I will not be ready to do a half marathon by then. I am looking more to do a 20 mile walk for hunger in May, then a 26.2 mile walk for the Jimmy Fund (cancer research) in September. (It is the Boston Marathon route.) Maybe, I could plan for Anaheim...

Can't wait to read all the progress. Keep up with the updates.

Have you gotten shoes?