Saturday, August 29, 2009

It has been a while...

Hey there! I know it has been a while since I've last blogged. More then a year to be a little more precise. I am going to try and keep this one short for now, but wanted to say that I have so much to blog about that it has been keeping me from blogging.

Briefly, for starters, I just completed my second run with the OK Runner store in Norman, OK. For the past two weekends I have gotten up at 530am and met other runners at the store to go on a Saturday morning run at 630am. Although I have been the back of the pack, and much slower than the others, I haven't cared. We have started out together and it has been motivation for me to run. It has been motivational in part because it has made it more difficult to give into the temptation of hitting the snooze button and sleeping in. It also has been motivational for me to work on my speed. Plus, I love having an alternate route to run other than the ones I run right outside my door.

Second item up for bid, or rather blogging, is the Disneyland Half-Marathon and 5k races. Next weekend I will be running in both, on back-to-back days. Last year I ran the Half-Marathon only. I am excited for this year's race because this year the course actually will take us through Angel Stadium in Anaheim, whereas last year we only went through the parking lot of Angel Stadium.

And finally, although I have many more things to blog about: races, lessons, tips, gear, etc. I will leave you now with this. Since my last blog I have run 2 marathons, 3 half-marathons, 1 12K, 2 10Ks and 1 5k. With all that training and racing I experienced a case of burn-out and ended up taking a 3 month vacation from running this summer. It helped though, as I managed to get a lot of house chores done, including painting a number of rooms in the house.

So, until next time, keep running, or at least reading about running and I will blog more of my experiences when I can. Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments: