Friday, March 7, 2008

Great Workouts and a Plan

Nothing long today. Just a short note to keep you updated. Yesterday I put in a 5.8 mile run with the cooldown. Today I put in a cross-training session. I spent 20 minutes on the stationary bike, 40 minutes on the eliptical and did 3 sets of my strength training weights. The run yesterday felt great after the first two miles. I kind of did not want to stop, but it was getting late and I did not want to end up eating dinner at 11pm. The cross-training session also felt great. Exciting info of the day was stepping on the scale and seeing 241. I am not making that down officially yet because I want to see it couple of more times before I change the total in the sidebar. I am still officially calling myself 243.

The workout plan for the rest of this week and all of next week is going to be modified a little because of having to work on Tuesday and Thursday next week. I will be doing 8 miles on Sunday this week, followed by another 2 miles on Monday. I will be off on Tuesday for work, Wednesday will be a 6 mile temp run, Thursday again off for work. Friday I will get in a 2 miler with some strength training before visiting with my sister. Saturday will be a fun day and then I will finish the week out next Sunday with a 7 miler. This next week is the first week on my training schedule that calls for me to run on 4 days, so it is making it more of a challenge as my work schedule this month is picking up a bit more.

That's all for now. Check with you later.

5 comments:

Andria said...

The gym here has a time limit of 100 minutes and it costs $5 a day. We should plan on going there on Sunday or we can do laps around the 5k square around the house. I can't wait for you guys to get here!!!

Ken said...

Great mileage Bobby! You are knocking out 2 for every one I am putting in. Keep up the hard work.

Unknown said...

you're hard core bro. good job.

Ken said...

WE need some updates. It has been almost 3 weeks since you last posted?

Unknown said...

Sarge-how's the training going? are you taking a break?